[Ubuntu-SG] I Am Ready for Volunteering

John Thng johnthng83 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:35:09 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Muhammad Heidir
<dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg>wrote:

>  Hi,

> willingness to participate and offer my time as a volunteer consultant about
> Linux and Free and Open Source Software. Not so much as being a salesman,
> but as an adviser. Distributing of brochure is also acceptable. As long as I
> am able to create an awareness about free software alternatives.
>
> But I have to admit to you guys that, I'm not good in designing brochure or
> getting sponsors to print brochures. Anyone has experience?
>
> When is Comex coming up? This could be a step towards a brighter future for
> FOSS in Singapore!
>
> Anyone game enough to set some goals that are achieveable?
>
> Looking forward to an exciting experience!

who is doing sales, and the product comes with ubuntu, he hardly know much
about ubuntu.

Btw, there's software freedom day in September, I think more attention is
focused there.

An achievable goal, will be bi-annual ubuntu launch party. I don't think I
see a mini launch party(or small gathering) here first ...

We don't even know the headcount of volunteers here ...
So it's good to know, as well as get contacts, and etc. just in case.

Best Regards
John