[Ubuntu-SG] [Fwd: Re: [Bulk] Re: Ubuntu Users in Singapore]

Muhammad Heidir dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg
Wed Aug 6 16:12:50 UTC 2008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Muhammad Heidir <dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg>
To: Chen Xiangpeng <xp at xp.sg>
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [Ubuntu-SG] Ubuntu Users in Singapore
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 16:42:21 +0800

Hi,

When you say that almost every country in the world is the same, you are
saying about the bundled systems right. Yeah, we all know its the same.
And about Dell selling systems with Ubuntu, well, they offered it on
certain countries, and that certain countries does not include
Singapore. I'm saying this because I worked at Dell, and have submitted
a suggestion on selling systems with Ubuntu pre-installed as an option.
Apparently it is a work in progress and it's been a year since I last
submitted that suggestion. I dont think Dell thinks there is a market
for Singapore.

About the Asus eePC, it is a good introduction but still better
promotion is needed. That is what I feel. Singaporeans, dont bother
about what Operating System PCs run on. They just want something that
works.

All I could think of, is there a way for us to promote the use of
GNU/Linux to the community. Telling them about the advantages and
disadvantages and provide a comparison.

I hope there is someway, we can do this sort of promotion, either at IT
show or even at a fair. If only we have the resources.

Thank you.

supervivid