[Ubuntu-SG] Ubuntu-SG Digest, Vol 7, Issue 3

Jellyfish jellyfish_jvss2002 at yahoo.com.sg
Sat May 5 01:42:16 UTC 2007

The previous iwconfig output was before I did the restart.
This is after doing sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart.

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0   no wireless extensions.

eth1   IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"remove"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
          Bit Rate:54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=98/100  Signal level=-18 dBm  Noise level=-88 dBm

The ifconfig -a is like the previous I shown expect that there is IP/DNS
etc.
My wireless has WPA on and yes I am sure I configure it correctly.

I am not able to configure my wireless though the GUI tools as I only had
WEP (hex & ASCII available) which is very strange.
Therefore I configure my wireless by editing the /etc/network/interfaces.