[Ubuntu-SG] sg.archive.ubuntu.com not up-to-date?

Maung Myat Thu @ Billy Aung Myint billy at ubuntu.sg
Mon Apr 9 12:22:48 UTC 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 19:20, Harris Ngan wrote:
> Hi All,    It seems that there are two places where mirrors are found. One
> is in the Faculty of Science FTP and the other at Sch of Computing. I am
> not sure who are in charge of the mirror but I suppose Billy might drop the
> server admin an email using your ubuntu.sg mail account for some
> assistance.

Yup I have emailed to the webmaster at science.nus.edu.sg about the ftp server
admin last night. Since he is an Associate Professor , I assume he knows
someone who might know who is admin of that server.

> One thing will be to invite the person who is in charge of
> the mirror to join us. This will allow a wider group to update the server
> and making sure things are updated on time. I m not sure about the rules
> and regulations posed by NUS on mirrors so you might want to check that out
> as well.   Good Luck Billy.

I believe Canonical have some control over the mirrors at NUS. After all ,
with ubuntu LTS release , they are going after the enterprise crowd and I
doubt they will let other people to have total control over mirror servers.
Maybe I got it wrong there. Lets wait for the reply from the webmaster ?

BTW , the site where I got the info is

http://www.science.nus.edu.sg/publications/webteam/

and I have emailed to - Web Owner - A/P Lim Tit Meng on the info on the admin
of ftp server.

regards
billy