[Ubuntu-SG] Laptop Qns

Kerwin Khu kerwin.khu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:02:12 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

I always thought that was more of a "hardware" issue than a "software"
(driver) issue.

I had a Dell Latitude before that used a special key combination
(Fn-F5 for that particular model, if I remember correctly) to toggle
the display between the laptop's LCD and an external projector. Works
the same way under both Windows and Linux. I was using Slackware at
that time - I think it was like 4 years ago.

Does one of the keys on your laptop's keyboard have a special symbol
on it that looks like a monitor? That could be it. Or check your
laptop's documentation...

Come to think of it, laptops these days seem to connect automatically
to a projector without user intervention. Is there some special driver
that detects an external monitor/projector ?

HTH,
Kerwin