Monday triage for Oct 23, 2023

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Mon Oct 23 19:46:34 UTC 2023

Team 'ubuntu-server' currently subscribed to 243 bugs
Date range identified as: "Monday triage"
Found 17 bugs

LP: #1936831 | *+     | DJL     | Triaged       | libvirt             |                          libvirt ACPI on unsupported machine |
  - Fixed in mantic, but maybe too complex for SRU.
  - Asked for input regarding [impact], set to Incomplete

LP: #1842695 | *      | D       | Triaged       | clamav              |      ClamAV AppArmor profiles do not allow OnAccess scanning |
  - This is unassigned from michal.  This is perhaps close to completion
    but looks like it was a bitesize (mostly documentation?) bug, and
    has already been forwarded to Debian.  So not sure if it should go
    to server-todo or left to the backlog, so have tagged as
    server-triage-discuss.

LP: #2011721 | *      | DFJL    | Triaged       | gpsd                | GPS position information doesn't update beyond a first fix … |
  - Reporter identified that fix is in 3.23.1 and broken in 3.23, so I
    dug through the 128 patches between those two and found a likely
    fix - two commits which adds missing protocol support for the
    specific hardware in question.
  - Next step is probably to put those commits into a patch
    roll a PPA for testing to confirm.
  - If only those two commits are needed, this looks like a
    straightforward SRU, although impact may be limited since the HW in
    question is on the old side.

LP: #2035422 |        | D       | Confirmed     | libsdl2             |              sdl2-config can fail when using clang over gcc. |
  - Mitchell prepared a PPA with fix and requested testing to confirm.
  - Set to Incomplete, waiting reporter feedback.

LP: #2036324 |        | D       | Incomplete    | mysql-8.0           | package mysql-server-8.0 8.0.34-0ubuntu0.23.04.1 failed to … |
  - I agree with Athos this does look suspiciously similar to LP:
    #1899248, despite the reporter disagreeing.  That bug was fixed
    by setting the timeout to 3 min, and looks like in this case
    shutdown took >3 min.
  - The reporter suggests we can close the bug since they can't help
    with testing, but I've assigned to Lena to take a look first and see
    if there is any useful info to glean.  (IMHO, I think rather than
    close the bug with no action, it would be better to turn this into a
    WISHLIST bug documenting that the error can crop up if shutdown
    takes more than 3 minutes, and start duping matching bugs to it.  If
    there turns out to be a non-trivial number of these outliers, then
    adjust the tuning, or quell the apport hook from reporting them.)

LP: #2039476 |        | D       | Invalid       | sg3-utils           | Ubuntu-Mantic-Arm64 ffplay Segmentation Fault with mp4 vide… |
  - Recommended reporter refile new report against ffmpeg, since there's
    no stacktrace on this one.

LP: #2040097 |        | D       | New           | dpdk                | dpdk system tests fail due to early exit of dpdk-testpmd ap… |
  - Necessary commits needing patched in are identified, and a
    temporary workaround suggested.
  - Tagged server-triage-discuss, as I think this should go to
    server-todo but am not 100% clear.

Found 3 bugs not touched in 60 days:

Bug          | Flags  | Release | Status        | Package             | Title                                                        |
LP: #2016776 |  +     | D       | Triaged       | samba               | Samba apport hook - AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has n… |
LP: #2024276 |  +     | D       | New           | mysql-8.0           | MySQL 8.0 in Ubuntu ignores MTR test results, allowing faul… |
LP: #1897545 |        | DBFGHIJK | Triaged       | bind9               | Bind9: man file for rndc utility mentions wrong config file… |

Those all look like they should remain in the backlog, no action needed
or taken.