Triage report for Bugs last updated on 2023-10-05

Mitchell Dzurick mitchell.dzurick at canonical.com
Fri Oct 6 18:58:45 UTC 2023

Bugs last updated on 2023-10-05 (Thursday)
Date range identified as: "Friday triage"

Found 6 bugs

1 applicable bug

LP: #2038561
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/2038561> |
Requesting Ubuntu package manager to release openssh update…
This bug is requesting for openssh to be upgraded in Jammy/Focal to 9.4+
(currently on 8.9) to support OpenSSL 3.1.2 (currently 3.0.2 on Jammy).

The bug mentions a specific commit in openssh upstream that might make it
work, and I tried building with that commit. It built fine, but failed one
of the tests. This is mainly to help the user unblock them, and I wasn't
planning on SRUing this.

I think this is something we don't want to support because there are
major version differences, but I'd like another opinion on it before I say
for sure no. It sounds nice to have newer openssh versions, but I
understand that's not a simple task.

Discourse Comment Triage Helper
Showing comments belonging to the Server category on
https://discourse.ubuntu.com, updated on 2023-10-05 (Thursday)
+Autoinstall Ubuntu 22.04… <https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/39162>[Zero 0ne,
2023-10-05]
This is an issue with snap install failures in an air-gapped network. I'm
not very proficient with this, but it sounds like a snap cache server would
solve this issue, do we have something like that?