Monday Triage Report (2023-11-20)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Tue Nov 21 19:52:38 UTC 2023

Bug Triage
==========

ustriage found 12 bugs.  These are the noteworthy ones:

### https://pad.lv/1682647 | Confirmed | open-vm-tools | vmtoolsd user
    process is not started for KDE session in kub… |

This is an old bug which came up because Bryce set the corresponding
Debian bug to it.  Upon reading the Debian bug, I found that there's
likely an upstream issue as well, and that the problem might be fixed
with the upcoming systemd v254.

### https://pad.lv/1999075 | New | mysql-8.0 | autopkgtest fails for
    8.0.31 on armhf |

Fixed on Noble, but still affecting F/J/L.  Set the status to Triaged
and subscribed ubuntu-server.

### https://pad.lv/2033565 | Confirmed | qemu | ksmd should be opt-in
    rather than opt-out |

Left my opinion regarding how to deal with the upcoming "opt-in'zation"
of ksdmd.

### https://pad.lv/2043817 | Confirmed | drbd-utils | drbd-utils timeout
    issue with Pacemaker |

The reporter provided a lot of details about the issue and a possible
patch to fix it.  The setup needed to reproduce the problem is not
trivial, so I went ahead and prepared a PPA for the reporter so that
they can test it.  I also verified that there's one more patch needed
for the complete fix, so I backported it as well.  Even though the issue
likely only affects Jammy, I'm still leaving it as Confirmed for the
development release until we can be more certain.

### https://pad.lv/2043897 | New | open-vm-tools | open-vm-tools
    containerInfo plugin is being installed in in… |

Sounds like a valid problem.  The reporter filed a bug against Debian as
well, which is great.  I replied saying that I'd rather wait until
Debian replies.  Meanwhile, I've subscribed ubuntu-server to the bug.  I
know Bryce has been dealing with open-vm-tools issues recently, so maybe
he'd like to take a look into this issue as well.

Bugs tagged "-needs-merge -needs-sync -needs-oci-update -needs-snap-update -needs-mre-backport -needs-ppa-backport" and subscribed "ubuntu-server" and not touched in 60 days

Found 3 bugs

### https://pad.lv/2030684 | Triaged | php8.2 | tzname[1] empty after
    tzset() with env TZ=UTC |

Removed the update-excuses tag.  Everything except php8.2 has been Fix
Released, and php8.2 is there to remind Athos to investigate it further
when time permits.

### https://pad.lv/2033905 | Triaged | qemu | qemu-system-arm is missing
    dependency seabios |

This is in my TODO list.

Bugs subscribed to ubuntu-server and not touched in 180 days

### https://pad.lv/2020208 | Triaged | resource-agents | Please move
    pgsql agent to resource-agents-base in jammy an… |

Lucas seems to be aware of it.  I didn't touch the bug.

Documentation Triage

Discourse Comment Triage Helper
Showing comments belonging to the Server category on https://discourse.ubuntu.com, updated between 2023-11-17 (Friday) and 2023-11-19 (Sunday) inclusive
+Desktop-like FDE in Ubun… [Nazar Mokrynskyi, 2023-11-19] (https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/40349)

juliank replied to the user, who posted a followup question.  I'll leave
it to juliank since I don't feel confident in providing the information
requested there.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14