Tuesday triage report (2023-11-09)

Lucas Kanashiro lucas.kanashiro at canonical.com
Thu Nov 9 14:38:49 UTC 2023

# Bug triage

## https://pad.lv/2039206 |        | D       | Confirmed     |
open-vm-tools       | open-vm-tools [mantic] hwclock needed for VM guest
customiz… |

hwclock was demoted to universe (via util-linux-extra package) and it seems
that it affected open-vm-tools. I tried to explain the situation in the bug
but
I believe some attention is needed here, maybe Bryce might want to take a
better look.

## https://pad.lv/2042587 |        | D       | Incomplete    | dnsmasq
        |      jammy's version breaks existing dhcp scripts with relay |

I was able to reproduce this issue with the provided steps. Marked as
Triaged
and subscribed ubuntu-server.

## https://pad.lv/2042824 |        | D       | New           | freeradius
       |             smbencrypt segfaults when run with any parameter |

There is an upstream patch that seems to fix this issue, the reproduction is
straightforward and the patch is not so complex. I marked it as Triaged,
subscribed ubuntu-server, and added the bitesize tag.

# Discourse comments triage

There is one update in the server installer page which is maintained by
Foundations.

Lucas Kanashiro.