Wednesday Triage Report (2022-05-11)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Wed May 11 20:52:39 UTC 2022

ustriage found 18 bugs.  These are the noteworthy ones:

### https://pad.lv/1966860 - (Confirmed) [sg3-utils] - hit issue with
    script rescan-scsi-bus.sh in VM with image u…

The reporter provided a bit more info, and something caught my attention
while analysing the log files.  I left a few questions there, but it
would be great if someone more experienced with SCSI devices could take
a look.

### https://pad.lv/1969654 - (Confirmed) [samba] - Can't print with
    Samba via Windows 10 printer after 2:4.13.…

Looks like a regression caused by the fix to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1951490.  I've
asked for more info from the reporter (samba log files would be
helpful), subscribed ubuntu-server and Andreas, and tagged as
server-todo.

### https://pad.lv/1971489 - *(Won't Fix) [exim4] - exim4 GnuTLS
    breakage with outgoing TLS 1.3 Resource tempor…

Reporter verified that Lena's PPA (containing the backported patch) does
fix the problem.  Now all that's left to do is come up with a reproducer
in order to proceed with the SRU.  I left a note saying that it may take
a while until someone has the time to do so, and I tagged the bug as
server-todo.

### https://pad.lv/1971619 - *(Incomplete) [libvirt] - forward mode open
    is adding libvirt iptables rules

Spent a bit more time on this, tried to reproduce the bug but failed.
Posted a comment with my findings there; hopefully this will allow the
reporter to figure what's going on.

### https://pad.lv/1971688 - (Incomplete) [php-defaults] - PHP 8.1 zip
    module asserting with dependency problem

Reporter replied.  Marked the bug as Invalid.

### https://pad.lv/1971888 - (Incomplete) [openssh] - Can not ssh to
    github.com or gitlab.com when upgrading to 2…

This smells like a user configuration issue, but I suggested the
reporter to perform some tests using Debian testing and to report the
bug against the Debian openssh package, which is the right place to have
such a discussion IMHO.  Otherwise, I'm leaving the bug untouched.

### https://pad.lv/1971954 - (Incomplete) [multipath-tools] - package
    multipath-tools 0.8.8-1ubuntu1 failed to install/up…

Closed as Invalid based on reporter's feedback.

### https://pad.lv/1972075 - (New) [libvirt] - Blank screen when viewing
    GL-accelerated virtio screen on 2…

Seems like an interesting problem, and even though the reporter pointed
that this is probably an issue with the apparmor profile, I did find a
bunch of people on the internet reporting very similar bugs in other
distros.  seb128 asked us to bump the priority of this one to High, so
that's what I did.  I also subscribed our team & Christian, tagged the
bug as server-todo and marked it as Triaged (although I haven't
reproduced it locally).

### https://pad.lv/1972902 - (New) [samba] - package samba-common-bin
    2:4.15.5~dfsg-0ubuntu5 failed to i…

Incomplete.  Looks like a local configuration issue.

Bugs subscribed to ubuntu-server and not touched in 180 days
Found 1 bugs
https://pad.lv/1692441 - (Confirmed)      [libvirt]           - proper code for virt-aa-helper to allow blockcommit rw as n…

Bug marked as low priority, so I didn't touch it.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14