Friday Bug Triage Report for 05-05-2022

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Mon May 9 18:05:17 UTC 2022

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 10:41:19AM -0700, Lena Voytek wrote:
> Bugs last updated on 2022-05-05 (Thursday)
> Date range identified as: "Friday triage"
> Found 40 bugs
>
> Of the 40 bugs most where updates for merges or fix releases. There were 4
> bugs of note:
>
> LP: #1971489 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exim4/+bug/1971489>
> - (Confirmed) [exim4] - exim4 GnuTLS breakage with outgoing TLS 1.3
> I created a ppa for the user to test with to confirm the patch will fix
> their error.
>
> LP: #1971509 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu/+bug/1971509>
> - (New) [qemu] - qemu/kvm win10 client cannot upgrade to win11
> I described what the user needs to do to add TPM2.0 and secure boot to
> their vm.
>
> LP: #1971619
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1971619> -
> (Incomplete) [libvirt] - forward mode open is adding libvirt iptables rules
> I asked the user for some additional information to help us find the issue,
> but this does seem to be a regression.
>
> LP: #1971688
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-defaults/+bug/1971688> -
> (New) [php-defaults] - PHP 8.1 zip module asserting with dependency problem
> The user was able to get this working building from source, and it seems to
> be related to a file name reference error.

Can you ask them for their /etc/apt/sources.list and
`ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d`?

The libzip version they reference is pretty ancient for a jammy
installation, and I wonder if they've installed 'diff-pdf' from a PPA
that pulled something old in.  If so, use of ppa-purge to remove 3rd
party PPAs might be worth considering.

Bryce