Monday Triage Report (2022-03-14)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Mon Mar 14 21:41:21 UTC 2022

ustriage found 14 bugs.  These are the noteworthy ones:

### https://pad.lv/1668474 - (Triaged) [apache2] - AH00526 when using
    long ProxyPass worker name

I marked the tasks for Trusty and Xenial as EOL.  I also verified the
bug on Focal and Jammy, and confirmed that apache2 on both systems
accept a worker name whose length is 256 chars.  Therefore, I'm
considering this bug as Fixed Released on Jammy.  I've also opened
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/1964829 to track
a non-fatal warning that's been reported upstream and is affecting Focal
and Jammy.

FWIW, Athos had tagged this as server-triage-discuss but after
discussing with him we agreed that it can now be untagged, so that's
what I did.

### https://pad.lv/1875114 - (Fix Released) [libp11] - freeipa-server
    package missing on Ubuntu 20.04

Tricky one.  Timo is on top of it but the community seems really upset
that there isn't a freeipa-server available on 20.04, and now Timo
thinks that it won't be available on 22.04 either.  I decided not to
touch this because, as I said, Timo seems to be aware of it, but maybe
it would be good to see if there's anything we can do to help.

### https://pad.lv/1964488 - *(Confirmed) [qemu] - Qemu fails with
    daemonize and enabled elevateprivileges

Closed as Won't Fix given upstream's reply.

### https://pad.lv/1964583 - (New) [apache2] - package apache2
    2.4.41-4ubuntu3.9 failed to install/upgrade…

Incomplete.

### https://pad.lv/1964631 - (New) [net-snmp] - package libsnmp35
    5.8+dfsg-2ubuntu2.3 failed to install/upg…

Very likely a problem unrelated to net-snmp.  I left a comment and
marked the bug as Incomplete.

### https://pad.lv/1964642 - (New) [openssh] - Packer virtualbox ssh
    can't connect to unattended Ubuntu 20…

It doesn't see to be a bug in openssh, but I left a comment asking for
more info.  Seth also did that.

### https://pad.lv/1964686 - (New) [bind9] - Command host
    non-existent-host-name hangs forever in Ubuntu…

I cannot reproduce this locally.  I tried with Docker and LXD
containers, using ubuntu:jammy and ubuntu-daily:jammy.  It works every
time.  I did stumble upon
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bind9/+bug/1964400 while
investigating.  Anyway, I left a comment asking for more info from the
reporter.

### https://pad.lv/1964687 - (New) [php-defaults] - opcache crashes on
    Ubuntu 21.10 - php 8.0.8 (segfault) both…

Valid bug, but seems to be low priority.  Moreover, it only affects
Impish Impish which is slowly approaching its EOL.  I left a message
explaining this and said that the reporter could drive the SRU if they
have an interest.

Bugs tagged "-needs-merge -needs-sync -needs-oci-update -needs-snap-update -needs-mre-backport -needs-ppa-backport" and subscribed "ubuntu-server" and not touched in 60 days
Found 2 bugs

### https://pad.lv/1677781 - +(Triaged) [cyrus-sasl2] - Missing dep8
    tests

Just a heads-up here.

### https://pad.lv/1919965 - +(Triaged) [nginx] - nginx-common
    nginx.service comments use wrong signal

Another heads-up.  @Athos, you might want to ping the Salsa MR or submit
the patch via a Debian bug.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14