Wednesday Triage Report (2022-06-08)

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Thu Jun 9 20:29:42 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 03:08:44PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> On Thursday, June 09 2022, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 8:36 PM Sergio Durigan Junior
> > <sergio.durigan at canonical.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> ustriage found 27 bugs.  These are the noteworthy ones:
> >>
> >> ### https://pad.lv/1915095 - *(Incomplete) [clamav] - clamscan modifies
> >>     atime during scheduled scans
> >>
> >> Revisited the test case I had proposed and updated it to make sure it
> >> triggers the bug.  Still waiting for upstream on this one (and still a
> >> low priority bug).
> >>

> >> ### https://pad.lv/1977491 - (Confirmed) [samba] - Update Samba in
> >>     22.04LTS to 4.15.7 so macOS clients can con…
> >>
> >> Seems like a valid regression, but I don't have access to a MacOS in
> >> order to test it.  I'm Cc'ing Andreas here so that he can take a look;
> >> maybe he's able to test the bug.  Let me know otherwise.
> >
> > This is a case where we will have to rely on the community/reporter to
> > test, but if there is a clear commit or patch, we should try to SRU
> > it.
>
> I can prepare a PPA with the patches pointed by the reporter and ask if
> it fixes the problem.  However, I'm unsure about the best Test Plan for
> an SRU given that testing is dependent on a proprietary OS.

Like Andreas mentioned, the reporter will need to take responsibility
for more than the usual amount of validation work.  Probably also
including drafting the steps to reproduce that you can polish into a
Test Case properly.

I'd suggest setting expectations of what the steps are for an SRU and
what will be required of them in order to move it forward.  If they
can't or won't do those steps, there's only so much we can do; at least
they'll have the ppa for addressing their own needs.

Bryce