Monday Triage Report (2022-01-24)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Mon Jan 24 20:42:54 UTC 2022

ustriage found 18 bugs.  These are the noteworthy ones:

### https://pad.lv/1955347 - (Incomplete) [rsync] - rsync works bad with
    encfs now

Provided some guidance to the user re. downgrading the rsync package.
Also, requested a step-by-step reproducer.

### https://pad.lv/1956213 - (Incomplete) [freeipmi] - Lan6_Conf section
    is unknown to freeipmi

Valid bug, but it is very unlikely that we will ever fix it.  Upstream
has disabled the feature because they don't have the resources to
properly test and maintain it, so I don't see us re-enabling it.  I
offered a PPA for the user (with a disclaimer that it is completely
unsupported and untested), set the bug's importance to Low, its status
to Triaged, and subscribed ubuntu-server.

### https://pad.lv/1958260 - (New) [cloud-initramfs…]  -
    cloud-initramfs-copymods hides the full list of modules fro…

I was triaging it, but then saw that Bryce was faster.

### https://pad.lv/1958641 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package
    mysql-server-8.0 8.0.27-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 failed to …

Incomplete; likely a local configuration issue.

### https://pad.lv/1958720 - (New) [six] - python3-yaml and python3-six
    are not co-installable with py…

rls-jj-incoming; bdmurray said Foundations will discuss the bug at their
weekly meeting.

### https://pad.lv/1958743 - (New) [samba] - Panic or segfault in Samba

Incomplete.  User provided a stack trace but not much else; I requested
more info from him/her.

A bunch of bugs not touched in 60 days were also flagged:

Bugs tagged "-needs-merge -needs-sync -needs-oci-update -needs-snap-update -needs-mre-backport -needs-ppa-backport" and subscribed "ubuntu-server" and not touched in 60 days
Found 38 bugs
https://pad.lv/1883469 - +(Triaged)       [sssd]              -  idmap_sss: improve man page
https://pad.lv/1883577 - +(Triaged)       [lm-sensors]        - column layout in sensors is broken for voltages  of 1000.00…
https://pad.lv/1912750 - +(Triaged)       [samba]             - samba-tool domain provision crash with password hash userPa…
https://pad.lv/1927755 - +(New)           [exim4]             - Fix for CVE-2020-28007 causes build failure when DMARC is e…
https://pad.lv/1934997 - +(Triaged)       [sssd]              - Authentication fails after upgrading sssd to 2.2.3-3ubuntu0…
https://pad.lv/1945796 - +(Fix Committed) [kronosnet]         - kronosnet: Fail to build against OpenSSL 3.0
https://pad.lv/1948699 - +(Confirmed)     [nginx]             - Please enable luajit for arm64
https://pad.lv/1951490 - +(Confirmed)     [samba]             - Can't print after update to 4.13
https://pad.lv/1951903 - +(Triaged)       [libvirt]           - package libvirt-daemon-system 4.0.0-1ubuntu8.19 failed to i…
https://pad.lv/1718227 - (New)            [aoetools]          - replacement of ifupdown with netplan needs integration for …
also:                  - (New)            [avahi]
also:                  - (Triaged)        [clamav]
also:                  - (Triaged)        [ethtool]
also:                  - (New)            [guidedog]
also:                  - (New)            [htpdate]
also:                  - (New)            [ifupdown-multi]
also:                  - (New)            [isatapd]
also:                  - (New)            [lprng]
also:                  - (New)            [miredo]
also:                  - (New)            [mythtv]
also:                  - (New)            [nplan]
also:                  - (New)            [openntpd]
also:                  - (Confirmed)      [openvpn]
also:                  - (Triaged)        [openvswitch]
also:                  - (New)            [quicktun]
also:                  - (New)            [resolvconf]
also:                  - (New)            [sendmail]
also:                  - (New)            [shorewall-init]
also:                  - (New)            [sidedoor]
also:                  - (New)            [slrn]
also:                  - (New)            [tinc]
also:                  - (New)            [ucarp]
also:                  - (New)            [uml-utilities]
also:                  - (New)            [uruk]
also:                  - (Triaged)        [vzctl]
also:                  - (New)            [wide-dhcpv6]
also:                  - (New)            [wpa]
https://pad.lv/1948357 - (Triaged)        [openssh]           - sshd have no USER_LOGOUT audit event

Honestly, I don't think there's anything we can do about these right
now.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14