Monday bug triage

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Tue Aug 30 02:30:26 UTC 2022

Team 'ubuntu-server' currently subscribed to 220 bugs
Date range identified as: "Monday triage"
Found 24 bugs

A bunch of bugs closed due to work items finished & migrated for FF.

LP: #1966860 -       Expired       [sg3-utils]
- hit issue with script rescan-scsi-bus.sh in VM with image u…

There was some good back and forth between the reporter, Lucas, and
Paride but setup to repro the bug apparently was not trivial.  The user
responded to the request for info so I don't think it should have
expired, but until someone has time to set up the necessary environment
I think it probably should just stay open in the backlog.  However, I've
added it to server-team-discuss in case Lucas and/or Paride want to take
another look, and/or if it should be promoted to server-todo.

LP: #1979923 -       Expired       [mysql-8.0]
- package mysql-server-8.0 8.0.29-0ubuntu0.20.04.3 failed to …

Duped to LP: #1953218, which links to an open bug; there's a suggested
fix but no patch yet.

LP: #1987871 -       New           [mysql-8.0]
- package mysql-server 8.0.30-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 failed to inst…

Does mysql require both /etc/mysql/conf.d/ and /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/?
The packaging seems to suggest this is so, but is that redundant?
I suspect this bug is caused when /etc/mysql/conf.d/ is deleted, however
I'm not 100% sure.  I've left this with a Q for the reporter and set to
Incomplete, but Lena may find this to already be actionable.

LP: #1987074 -       Incomplete    [nginx]
- package nginx-core 1.18.0-6ubuntu14.1 failed to install/upg…

Still waiting on feedback from reporter, but another person added a
me-too.  Suggested info they could provide to help move things forward.

LP: #1987576 -       Incomplete    [dovecot]
- package dovecot-core 1:2.3.16+dfsg1-3ubuntu2.1 failed to in…

User confirms this is leftover user configuration from an abandoned
experimental use of managesieved on a 10-year old system.  Closed as
invalid since it seems more of a user configuration issue.

LP: #1987683 -       New           [whois]
- mkpasswd interprets rounds as salt

User just misunderstood the spec --> invalid

LP: #1987909 -       New           [strongswan]
- some plugins are missing for newer releases

Just a question, already answered by sdeziel, I confirmed and closed -> Invalid

LP: #1987938 -       New           [libp11]
- When a PIN explicitly provided use a PIN regadless of secur…

This is a followup to the libp11 merge Andreas tackled.  This bug
requests SRU of a specific upstream commit.  I asked the reporter for
help with the reproducer, targeted jammy, and marked as server-todo.

LP: #1984073 - *     Triaged       [autofs]
-  autofs: regression on focal->jammy upgrade: SASL binds to …
LP: #1987992 -       New           [autofs]
- autofs: Missing support of SCRAM for SASL binds

The reporter on both these bugs, rdratlos, seems an active community
contributor.  The first is a patch(es) on a plate, the second may be
more of a feature TODO but worth engaging with them about.  I've asked
for more info on the latter.

Bryce