Bug Triage report - Monday 11th October

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Tue Oct 12 18:32:45 UTC 2021

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 09:31:13AM +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> Hi,
> I've had 19 recently touched bugs and two dormant (180 day) cases to check.
> Gladly as usual most are well under control and on the path to be
> resolved or already done by now. A few needed some help e.g. where/how
> to report an upstream issue and a few others might be worth
> mentioning.
>

> 1934501 openssh CVE regression
> @Utkarsh Gupta this replied to a question of yours, I'd ask you to
> have a look again.
>
> 1946286 openssh merge request
> This might be already a first good example that tracking merges in LP
> will help for transparency and interaction with others.

Accedentally, but yes.  It does remind me I need to ensure to not file
bugs for the "NOT SERVER TEAM" packages.

> 1945687 php-fpm fails to start
> Somehow a dir created by systemd tmpfiles seems not present, updated
> with a few questions that hopefully help to further resolve this.
> @Bryce Harrington you looked into that before, in case you might want
> to recheck the current state.

Thanks, at least the workaround seems to have satisfied the reporter's
immediate needs.  I still think this may be a corner case somehow
relating to the mounting of /run on a temp fs, however there's probably
enough clues to reproduce things now; guessing a fix would be just a
mkdir in an appropriate debian startup script.  You posed some good
questions that might help elucidate the situation more.  I think the
priority though will be to get going on the PHP 8.1 transition first,
and then review the still-reproducing PHP bugs after that.

Bryce