Triage report (for: 2021-10-06)

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Thu Oct 7 18:02:57 UTC 2021

On Thu, Oct 07, 2021 at 11:24:31AM +0200, Paride Legovini wrote:
> Bugs last updated on 2021-10-06 (Wednesday)
>
> Date range identified as: "Thursday triage"
>
> Found 56 bugs
>
>       ^^^^^^^ (!)
>
> That's the old bugs deforestation going on, plus Bryce's work on the new
> merge coordination process.

Indeed, I'd love to see the facial reaction for whomever runs ustriage
the day after the full bug import occurs!  But all those are going to be
tagged as 'needs-merge' so there exists an option for ustriage to
exclude that tag.  (It may make sense since these merge task bugs won't
require any triage attention, and are already covered by other
processes.)

> In general I see a lot of progress with the bugs, with many reaching or
> approaching Fix Released or another terminal state. From the triage POV
> nothing really worth calling attention to.
>
> OpenSSL 3 FTBFS:
>
> LP: #1946190 - (New)            [ruby2.7]        - rubh2.7: Fail to build
> against OpenSSL 3.0
>
> LP: #1946198 - (New)            [spice]          - spice: Fail to build
> against OpenSSL 3.0
>
> LP: #1946205 - (New)            [squid]          - squid: Fail to build
> against OpenSSL 3.0
>
> LP: #1946213 - (New)            [strongswan]     - strongswan: Fail to build
> against OpenSSL 3.0
>
> LP: #1946217 - (New)            [unbound]        - unbound: Fail to build
> against OpenSSL 3.0

There is also the php8.0 one:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php8.0/+bug/1946005

Not sure why that didn't show up in the ustriage list too, but I've also
subbed the team.  Like I mentioned in standup my hope is to get going on
php8.1 asap after -devel opens and try to get it through before openssl3
enters the scene.

> I subscribed the team to all of them.

I plan to also mention them on the merge bugs for the corresponding
packages.