Triage report (2021-05-06)

Paride Legovini paride at ubuntu.com
Thu May 6 09:48:56 UTC 2021

Found 17 bugs, I just want to mention one, as the others are already in
good hands.

LP: #1927219 - (New)            [runc]           - context deadline
exceeded: unknown in containerd with latest runc version

This could be a Focal update-regression caused by the container stack
backports (LP: #1919322) done to fix LP: #1916485.

The user reports that the new runc prevents Kubernetes from working with
a high number of containers. Downgrading runc alone fixes the issue for
the user.

I asked for more info about the system/memory load, as this info may
help looking for relevant upstream issues/commits, but I think we'll
need setup a reproducer and bisect (maybe after checking if it still
happens with runc master).

Paride