Triage report (2021-03-25)

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri Mar 26 07:11:56 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 5:18 PM Paride Legovini <paride at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Found 10 bugs, just one worth mentioning:
>
> LP: #1921116 - (New)            [open-vm-tools]  - Booting on vSphere
> fails the cloud-init guest customization due to missing dbus.service
> dependency
>
> IIUC this is actually a VMware vSphere bug and a fix already exists for
> it (see my comment to the bug for a more elaborate answer). Asked for
> more information and marked Incomplete.

Thanks Paride,
This has a long unfortunate history and without upstream implementing
an alternative it comes down to "who do you want to break" :-/
I've added info to the bug, marked it as a duplicate and used that as
a chance to re-ping the (new) upstream maintainer.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/open-vm-tools/+bug/1921116/comments/2
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/open-vm-tools/+bug/1793715/comments/25

> Paride

Christian Ehrhardt