Bug Triage Monday 22nd March 2021

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Tue Mar 23 00:05:27 UTC 2021

14 bugs for this Monday, the few of note:

LP: #1920188 [mysql-8.0]      - Upgrading from xenial to bionic to focal
    failed due to obsolete config settings
  - Attempted to reproduce through a few upgrades with vanilla config,
    but no dice.  Guessing it fails due to having a custom config?
  - Marked as dupe of LP: #1612517 (which has a ton of dupes already and
    perhaps should be bumped in priority?)

LP: #1920217 [clamav]         - id: ‘clamav’: no such user
  - Just an innocuous warning not an actual issue.  warning just needs
    redirected to /dev/null for the test.  Super easy fix but also super
    low priority.

LP: #1920658 [libvirt]        - libvirt starts an instance of dnsmasq for every interface it creates
  - This looks to me like it's a wishlist for supporting a different
    configuration.  I marked it as such but Christian should probably
    doublecheck.

LP: #1914456 [open-iscsi]     - 120 sec kernel timeout is seen during SCSI remove_device.
  - Sounds like may be kernel rather than open-iscsi
  - A Canonical Kernel team member is already working on this.

---
Bugs in backlog and not touched in 180 days
Found 2 bugs
LP: #1676328 - (Confirmed)      [sssd]           - sssd_be is leaking memory
LP: #1896696 - (Confirmed)      [cluster-glue]   - Backport fence_ec2 support to Focal and Bionic