Bug Triage Friday 19th March 2021

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri Mar 19 09:33:21 UTC 2021

Hi,
I had 11 bugs today of which most were already fix-released or soon will be.
A few new ones needed minimal triage, of which one is worth mentioning.

haproxy: ssl-min-ver < TLs1.2 not usable
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/haproxy/+bug/1919450
The report is correct and the reporter himself found a way to change
the configuration to enable it which will be helpful for anyone else being
affected.
Yet on the topic it might be worth to raise some awareness that TLSv1.0
is considered insecure and was deliberately disabled in the default configs of
most packages. Usually admins can opt-in in to the less secure mode, but by
default it intentionally won't work.
=> https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/default-to-tls-v1-2-in-all-tls-libraries-in-20-04-lts/12464

Furthermore worth to mention is that our newest Team member Utkarsh has done
this triage with me and I'm happy and convinced that after a few more co-triages
he can join our monday rotation or even pick a regular day. Welcome!

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server