Triage Report - Friday 25th of June 2021

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Jun 28 09:31:31 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 10:59 AM Robie Basak <robie.basak at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 07:15:32AM +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> > And thereby the generic tag verification-done doesn't really exist (anymore?).
> > I'm fine with that if it is the clarification, but should then the SRU
> > Team clear the remaining references to it on [3]?
>
> Sure, if you'd like to drive that. But you'd need to ensure that there
> really is no tooling or expectation anywhere that relies on that tag.

This goes both ways :-)
If you look at it from the other side, if there is tooling relying on
it that would block the wiki update to remove it.
Then the other Wiki pages would need to be edited to make it clear
that the verification-done tag has to be added :-)

> I wonder if there's any historical connection to the (AFAIK now-defunct)
> SRU verification team, documented at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Verification and
> https://launchpad.net/~sru-verification. If it is defunct, maybe that
> should be cleaned up first?

Yes I agree

I'm not investing too much time/energy on this, I was just wondering
and looking for clarifications.
Maybe today we can meet 5 minutes before our usual time and identify
some simple next steps.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server