Monday bug triage

Utkarsh Gupta utkarsh.gupta at canonical.com
Mon Jul 19 14:54:03 UTC 2021

Bugs last updated between 2021-07-16 (Friday) and
     2021-07-18 (Sunday) inclusive
Date range identified as: "Monday triage"
Found 22 bugs

This was a fun bug triage, done with Miriam (and she even
spotted the actual problem in one of the bugs which I
overlooked. So yay! \o/)

Most of the bugs are under control or are being actively
tracked. The only bugs worth mentioning are:

1. LP: #1934529 - (Incomplete) [postfix] - Postfix
   package install always fails

The reporter had a broken system and that is why they
couldn't install postfix. Was previously marked as
"Incomplete" but after verifying, I marked it as
"Invalid" because this wasn't really a bug in the package.

2. LP: #1936696 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package
   mysql-server-8.0 8.0.25-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 failed to
   install/upgrade: installed mysql-server-8.0 package
   post-installation script subprocess returned error
   exit status 127

Miriam nicely noticed that this bug was a result of
the user trying to use mariadb (from third-party sources
and mysql-server from apt). We advised the reporter to
not do that and purge mariadb if they want to use
mysql, instead. Marked it as Invalid.

3. LP: #1936702 - (New) [ubuntu-advantage-tools] -
   patch_status_json.py crashed with KeyError in
   patch_status_json_schema_0_1(): 'configStatus'

Lucas M. (from the other part of our squad) mentioned that
they know about this and he's going to reply to the bug.
So did nothing.

4. LP: #1936744 - (New) [apache2] - Network adapter
   disappeared.Disconnected from internet.

This looks like a local configuration issue so
marked it as Incomplete and asked for more information.
Simultaneously, provided Unix Stackexchange thread
if they want to look further (and might help).

5. LP: #1936761 - (New) [clamav] - package clamav-base
   0.103.2+dfsg-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 failed to install/upgrade:
   installed clamav-base package post-installation script
   subprocess returned error exit status 1

Couldn't reproduce. Very likely a local issue. Marked it as
Incomplete and asked for more information.

- u