Triage report (for: 2021-12-15)

Paride Legovini paride at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 16 13:05:57 UTC 2021

Bugs last updated on 2021-12-15 (Wednesday)
Date range identified as: "Thursday triage"
Found 16 bugs

There are some bugs worth mentioning today:

---
LP: #1954854 -     New           [bind9]             - bind
9.16.1-ubuntu on ubuntu 20.04 randomly exits with segfault signal

It is not clear if this is a regression-update or not. I asked for more
info and marked the bug as Incomplete, but it's something to keep an eye on.
---
LP: #1954877 -     New           [samba]             - Permission Denied
for every share after upgrade to 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.26

Hopefully this is the regression fixed in -0ubuntu2.27. I asked the user
to test and marked the bug Incomplete.
---
LP: #1954342 -     Confirmed     [samba]             - Client
authentication error Failed to convert SID ... to a PID"

Ongoing discussion with Security on the consequences of the new way of
doing name lookups.
---

No bugs added to our work queues.

Paride