Unable to Install kubuntu-desktop on UBUNTU Live Server 21.04 GA

Gene Soo genesoo77072 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 03:55:54 UTC 2021

After installing from the following image:
https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/hirsute/release/ubuntu-21.04-live-server-arm64.iso

I was unable to install the package kubuntu-desktop. Please see attached
file for reference.

Receiving the following message:

ubuntu-release-upgrades-qt : Depends: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core (=
1:21.04.11) but 1:21.04.10 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broke packages.

I spotted a possible solution however I am not experienced enough to make
coding corrections to attempt this resolution so I cannot confirm that this
solves the problem.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1288458/ubuntu-20-04-ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt-depends-ubuntu-release-upgrader-core

This problem did not occur on the Daily Server Build from 4/19/2021 however
is occurring on the 4/22/2021 Build.

hirsute-live-server-amd64.iso

In my testing of Live Server, my habit is to install Live Server and on
separate VMs. I then install each of the available desktops on top of a
clean server installs. I was not able to install any desktop due to this
issue.

Gene