Wednesday Triage Report (2021-04-21)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Wed Apr 21 19:24:54 UTC 2021

ustriage found 13 bugs.  These are the noteworthy ones:

### https://pad.lv/1822012 - (New) [qemu] - powernv machine complains of
    missing skiboot files

Incomplete, but I've subscribed Christian just in case.

### https://pad.lv/1910562 - (Expired) [lm-sensors] - Fans switching on
    and off every 10 seconds after update to kernel 5.8.0-34

Tough one.  Not possible to reproduce because it requires specific
hardware.  The reporter had left a comment a while ago following up on a
"needs more information" request, and for some reason this fell through
the cracks.  Anyway, I did my best there and left a few more things that
she(?) could try.  I've also added the Ubuntu Linux package as being
affected, marked the "linux-signed-hwe-5.8 (Ubuntu)" bug as Invalid
(since this doesn't seem to be HWE related), and set the status of the
lm-sensors bug as New again.  I've also subscribed myself to the bug so
that we don't miss more updates from the reporter (who seems really
helpful).

### https://pad.lv/1925118 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package mysql-server-8.0
    8.0.23-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 failed to install/upgrade: el subproceso
    instalado paquete mysql-server-8.0 script post-installation devolvió
    el código de salida de error 127

Incomplete.

### https://pad.lv/1925182 - (New) [clamav] - ERROR: Can't open
    /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log in append mode (check permissions!)

Incomplete, but looks like it can be a valid one.  I really tried to
reproduce it here, but failed.  I left a lengthy comment explaining what
I did, what I found while researching online, and what the user can try
next.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14