Bug triage report for 2021-04-19 (Monday Triage)

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Mon Apr 19 23:57:39 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 12:28:50AM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> Bugs last updated between 2021-04-16 (Friday) and 2021-04-18 (Sunday) inclusive
> Date range identified as: "Monday triage"
>
> LP: #1924609 - (New)            [fetchmail]      - onion sites inaccessible due to internal DNS lookup
>
> I marked this Won't Fix as it's really a Wishlist upstream request.
> Interestingly, upstream fetchmail appears to be subscribed to bugs in
> Ubuntu and response to them. I saw some previous activity from this
> reporter as triaged by Utkarsh. Really their Wishlist requests should be
> going to upstream directly, and I think the Invalid/Won't Fix
> designation for the Ubuntu tasks is correct. I'd prefer to set the
> expectation that no action is to be expected from Ubuntu from what are
> really wishlist feature requests that belong upstream.

Yes, this reporter doesn't like to use gitlab.com so appears to be
filing their upstream problems with us.  I guess using us as a proxy?
I looked at their concerns expressed in one of the other bugs but it
doesn't really seem to involve us, and indeed is another thing they
should be working with upstream directly if they want it resolved.

So, I agree that is probably the best way to triage similar kinds of
bugs from this reporter.

Bryce