Wednesday Triage Report (2020-10-28)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Wed Oct 28 20:16:37 UTC 2020

This is the Wednesday triage report for 2020-10-28.

Of the 17 bugs found, these are the ones I had to work on:

### https://pad.lv/1901659 - (New) [nut] - nut-driver attempts to start
    when mode=netclient in nut.conf

Spent also some time investigating it.  I could not reproduce it, but I
don't have a remote UPS to test with, so that may be the case.  What I
did here is to set up a dummy device (nut offers this option to
facilitate the test) and try to replicate the scenario described by the
user.  I even set up two separate containers and told them to
communicate with one another, to no avail.  I posted my findings in the
bug, marked it as Incomplete and asked the user (who seemed
knowleadgeable) to provide more info.

### https://pad.lv/1901708 - (Confirmed) [mysql-8.0] - package
    mysql-server-8.0 8.0.22-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 failed to install/upgrade:
    installed mysql-server-8.0 package post-installation script subprocess
    returned error exit status 1

This seems to be a valid one.  An upgrade from 8.0.21-0ubuntu0.20.04.4
to 8.0.22-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 will likely trigger a timeout that will
prevent apt upgrade from finishing, because it requires an internal
server upgrade that can take several minutes (apparently depending on
the database size; I couldn't reproduce it locally with an empty db).  I
subscribe Ubuntu Server, but still marked the bug as Incomplete since
I'd like to confirm my suspicion that the reporter does have a sizeable
MySQL database.

### https://pad.lv/1901711 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package
    mysql-server-8.0 8.0.22-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 failed to install/upgrade:
    installed mysql-server-8.0 package post-installation script subprocess
    returned error exit status 1

This one was marked as a Duplicate of the one above.  It's exactly the
same scenario (even the logs are very similar).

The usual reminder about languishing bugs:

---
Bugs in backlog and not touched in 180 days
Found 4 bugs
https://pad.lv/1439649 - (Confirmed)      [pacemaker]      - Pacemaker unable to communicate with corosync on restart under lxc
https://pad.lv/1672276 - (Triaged)        [ebtables]       - ebtables-restore error Bad table name 'filter'
https://pad.lv/1872145 - (Triaged)        [openssh]        - explicit key offered after all agent keys, auth can fail before explicit key used
https://pad.lv/1874226 - (Triaged)        [mysql-5.7]      - [FATAL] InnoDB: Page [page id: space=114111, page number=804] still fixed or dirty

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14