Triage report (2020-10-22)

Paride Legovini paride.legovini at canonical.com
Thu Oct 22 10:38:27 UTC 2020

Found 7 bugs, most of them well under control. Worth mentioning:

LP: #1900913 - (New)            [mysql-8.0]      - package
mysql-server-8.0 8.0.21-0ubuntu0.20.04.4 failed to install/upgrade:
installed mysql-server-8.0 package post-installation script subprocess
returned error exit status 1

Yes, one of those :-)

I'm mentioning it as the reason for the failure is one I didn't see
before. It's not yet confirmed by the bug reporter, but I think he ran
'apt' from the terminal builtin in the 'code' snap (VSCode). The snap
apparmor rules prevent the postinst script from killing the running mysqld.

 From the user's perspective it is not obvious at all that that terminal
has limitations.

LP: #1900642 - (Triaged)        [sssd]           - sssd won't start

Now marked rls-gg-incoming, has a patch, not a blocker for Groovy
release but good SRU candidate.

Paride