Merge Opportunities Report - 2020-10-19

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Tue Oct 20 06:03:43 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 5:08 PM Bryce Harrington <
bryce.harrington at canonical.com> wrote:

> New Version in Debian Unstable

> high  at                               3.1.23-1.1
>  3.1.23-1ubuntu2
> low   amavisd-new                      1:2.11.1-4
>  1:2.11.1-2ubuntu1
> low   apr                              1.7.0-3
> 1.6.5-1ubuntu1
> low   beautifulsoup4                   4.9.3-1                    4.9.1-1
>
> low   cherrypy3                        8.9.1-7                    8.9.1-6
>
> low   chrony                           4.0-2
> 3.5.1-1ubuntu2
> low   containerd                       1.4.1~ds1-1
> 1.3.7-0ubuntu3
> low   corosync                         3.0.4-2
> 3.0.3-2ubuntu3
> low   drbd-utils                       9.15.0-1
>  9.13.1-1
> low   edk2                             2020.08-1
> 2020.05-5
> low   exim4                            4.94-8
>  4.94-7ubuntu1
> low   fetchmail                        6.4.12-1                   6.4.8-1
>
> low   freeradius                       3.0.21+dfsg-2
> 3.0.21+dfsg-1ubuntu2
> low   golang-github-mattn-go-colorable 0.1.7-1                    0.1.6-1
>
> low   golang-pretty                    0.2.1-1                    0.2.0-1
>
> low   ipmctl                           02.00.00.3825+ds-1
>  02.00.00.3774+ds-1
> low   ipmitool                         1.8.18-10
> 1.8.18-9
> low   jq                               1.6-2                      1.6-1

HI Bryce,
as always thanks for this generated list - soon the time will come to
reduce it again once 21.04 opens.
I wonder about cases like "jq" above.
We know it is a sync, just that it is currently a time with no auto-sync
happening.

I have first thought to ask to remove those completely, but actually they
might indicate e.g. a sync blocker that should be removed.
But IMHO we should have them in a separate category down below in the mail.
That way we'd be aware, but in 99% I'd expect that a week after the
auto-sync starts again those will be gone.

What do you think, would it be easy to do and helpful to move those to an
extra list?

Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd