Wednesday Triage Report (2020-11-18)

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Wed Nov 18 18:46:35 UTC 2020

ustriage found 12 bugs.  As usual, most of them are being handled by the
team.  These are the noteworthy ones:

### https://pad.lv/1855318 - +(New) [autofs] - autofs tries to find
    .xdg-volume-info and autorun.inf

Bryce reopened this bug yesterday, and also asked that the issue be
raised upstream.  I don't have time to investigate it more right now,
but I will make an effort to come back to it later.  I have not modified
the bug in any way.

### https://pad.lv/1904272 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package mysql-server-8.0
    8.0.22-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 failed to install/upgrade: installed
    mysql-server-8.0 package post-installation script subprocess returned
    error exit status 1

One more of those dreaded MySQL upgrade bugs.  It looks like it's the
same issue of having the "Server upgrade" step take too long to
complete.  I marked it as duplicate of
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mysql-8.0/+bug/1901708> and
left a comment explaining how I reached this conclusion.

### https://pad.lv/1904481 - (New) [postgresql-common] - package
    postgresql-common (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: il
    sottoprocesso nuovo pacchetto postgresql-common script
    pre-installation ha restituito lo stato di errore 2

Apparently a configuration issue.  Marked as Incomplete and requested
more info from the reporter.

### https://pad.lv/1904620 - (New) [tomcat8] - Tomcat 8.0.32 does not
    start with libraries compatible with Java 8 or older but compiled
    for Java 9

I posted the "File an SRU (likely)" template, subscribed Ubuntu Server,
and finally asked for steps to reproduce the bug.  Arguably, I should
have inverted the order in which I did these steps, since I haven't
tried to reproduce it first (I'm not familiar with Tomcat).  But let's
wait and see what the reporter says.

Bugs in backlog and not touched in 180 days
Found 4 bugs
https://pad.lv/1032550 - (Confirmed)      [multipath-tools] - [multipath]  failed to get sysfs information
https://pad.lv/1584629 - (Triaged)        [ocfs2-tools]    - Failed to start LSB: Load O2CB cluster services at system boot.
https://pad.lv/1745185 - (Triaged)        [mysql-5.7]      - If apt-get upgrade is run on mysql server when the server is disabled, the upgrade fails.
https://pad.lv/474215  - (Triaged)        [ocfs2-tools]    - mountall-net tries to mount ocfs2 before o2cb is started

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14