PHP remnants

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Tue Mar 24 04:35:32 UTC 2020

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 15:57, Bryce Harrington <
bryce.harrington at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 09:33:49AM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > rss-bridge
> >   - Not sure why this one is failing its test
>
> I think mwhudson started looking into this.

Indeed I did. I think the summary is that the test will only pass if the
version of php-defaults is the same for build and autopkgtest time[0] (it
embeds the output of "phpquery -V" at build time into an example nginx
config file which the test then uses). So the rss-bridge currently in
release won't pass with php-defaults from proposed, and nor will the
rss-bridge in proposed pass with the php-defaults from release. A test of
both packages from proposed should work though, and I've just triggered one
of those. I won't be around for long enough to see if it worked though --
and I only triggered that on amd64 so if that goes green we know what we
need to do for other architectures.

Cheers,
mwh
[0] from what I observed trying to reproduce this locally, it seems that
when autopkgtest builds a package before testing it, it does not do so with
proposed enabled. I guess this isn't surprising when I actually think about
it, but it's a difference between production and local testing that hadn't
occurred to me before. Next time I guess I'll build with sbuild and test
the packages that produced, rather than having autopkgtest do it.