Triage and migration report - Friday

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri Mar 6 13:21:09 UTC 2020

## Triage ##

I got 21 bugs

I was happy to find that most of them were bumps to fix released or fixes
that were started.
One can see that the Feature Freeze has passed and bug work is increasing
again.

The TLS v1.3 bugs were mentioned by others yesterday, no further updates to
those yet since yesterday.

Three bugs needed a proper initial triage and some minor testing.

One of these that is worth mentioning is:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/clamav/+bug/1865818
I think we should try to take a look at picking the patch and modifying the
postinst beofre 20.04.
Subscribed the team and tagged as server-next.

## Proposed migration ##

Most things in our queue are valid but depending on bigger migrations.
The obvious ruby/php candidates are being worked on.

The one thing worth to look at (again) is python-cffi which breaks and
holds back python-defaults a while now.
Paride mentioned that test on 2020-02-27:
It seems the autopkgtest run got a sigkill:

[...]
..............................s...s.............ss.Killed

It was even mentioned before on 2020-01-16 missing dep: libffi but that is
good now.

Nowadays it is important to know that there is a new version of it
 python-cffi | 1.13.2-1build3 | focal/universe          | all
 python-cffi | 1.14.0-1build1 | focal-proposed          | source
 python-cffi | 1.14.0-1build1 | focal-proposed/universe | all

Recent tests had:
- the new python3-defaults against the old version of python-cffi
- the new python-cffi against python3-defaults

One outlier also had "ModuleNotFoundError". But that was before a rebuild
to drop python 3.7 and is resolved.
The other fails of the new version still fail with the "Killed" message.

Lets try to run that with new python + new python-cffi and do so in a local
VM for debugging right away.

The test has a python2 and a python3 test component.
In the past both failed with the kill-symptom.

I ran the new cffi against three sets:
- old python3-defaults
- new python3-defaults
- all-proposed

And of course, they ALL passed the tests :-/
So much for reproducibility.

====== 1912 passed, 88 skipped, 4 xfailed, 206 warnings in 447.83 seconds
======
====== 1912 passed, 88 skipped, 4 xfailed, 231 warnings in 492.50 seconds
======

I was running the case at lower memory then, in case the issue would be an
OOM (to see if it breaks at the same place). And that indeed is it, hitting
the same spot now.

So it is quite likely that if we mark it as huge test it will work.
After Andreas was so kind to refresh my memory on how this is done
(Thanks!) I was opening an MP for that.
=>
https://code.launchpad.net/~paelzer/autopkgtest-cloud/+git/autopkgtest-cloud/+merge/380362

--