Migration/Triage for 2019-12-24

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Tue Jan 7 01:03:20 UTC 2020

== Proposed Migration ==

I did a quick broad survey over the current proposed migration failures,
just to identify what's wrong for each.  I didn't have time to dig in
very deeply but hoping this is of some use to others.

* A bunch of the failures are related to some sort of problem with 'six'.
  I've requested rebuilds but suspect that won't be enough, so may need
  further investigation.  (A python2 dependency somewhere may be the root
  cause.)
  - blocking isodate, nibabel, python-dateutil, cherrypy3, etc.

* These packages provide both py2 and py3 packages, and I'm guessing
  maybe the former need to be dropped from the packages' control files?
  - convoy: Provides py2 and py3 packages (drop py2 pkgs?)
  - genshi: Provides py2 and py3 packages (drop py2 pkgs?)
  - python-ddt: Provides py2 and py3 packages (drop py2 pkgs?)

* These seem to be transitioning from py2 to py3, and need to go in as a
  set.
  - python-oauth
  - python-oauthlib
  - blinker
  - pyjwt - this includes autopkgtests for py 2 and 3, and the build log
    mentions failure related to python-scandir which is py2 only
    (pypy-scandir is the py3 binary that should be used.)

* nut: Argparse is flagging an error from specifying --xsltproc-opts
  multiple times (I think?) which perhaps may be a behavioral change
  from either py2 to py3, or else from optparse to argparse.
  - "error: argument --xsltproc-opts: expected one argument"
  - Maybe https://bugs.python.org/issue9334 is relevant?

* s390x build troubles:
  - virglrenderer: Failed test_virgl_cmd due to mismatched pointer values

* These are blocked by known bugs or are known WIP:
  - walinuxagent (LP: #1851064)
  - libseccomp

* Finally, since a lot of packages weren't looked at over the break, I did
  blind rebuilds for everything that no one has requested so far.  Long
  shot but might clear a few things:
  - ocfs2-tools
  - net-snmp
  - python-boto
  - requests (blocking pyhamtools)
  - rubygems-integration (blocked by ruby2.5)
  - libedit (Blocked by mysql-8.0 and openssh)
  - python-itsdangerous (the i386 build failed)

(Guessing some of the above may rather be blocked by python2 issues, but
whomever looks tomorrow can investigate further.)

== Triage ==

Found 6 bugs

LP: #1857410 - (New)            [clamav]         - Why not integrate ClamAV Anti-virus into Ubuntu 20.04?
* Is a short "suggestion box" item, without much detail
* However, improving security is hardly a bad idea...
--> Clarified title as "Install ClamAV Anti-virus by default for system scanning"
--> Speculated on some tasks to implement it & encouraged reporter to
    raise it with Security team and/or more publicly
--> Set as wishlist

LP: #1857404 - (New)            [mysql-8.0]      - package mysql-server-8.0 8.0.18-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 failed to install/upgrade: o subprocesso instalado, do pacote mysql-server-8.0, o script post-installation retornou erro do status de saĆ­da 1
* Port hadn't freed from the old mysqld, so new one failed to startup.
  Guessing will resolve on a re-try.
* Wondering if this is a general problem, and if a delay should be
  added?
--> Set as Incomplete

LP: #1857454 - (New)            [mysql-5.7]      - package mysql-server 5.7.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 failed to install/upgrade: problemas de dependencias - se deja sin configurar
* Not sure, but seems to error on mysqld not being up
--> Recommended retrying upgrade
--> Set as Incomplete