Bug Triage - Friday 4th December

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri Dec 4 08:00:52 UTC 2020

I was looking at 16 recently touched bugs. Of these a few needed a comment or
task update but not a lot of work. Worth to mention are two of them.

First we've had "one more" kind of conflicting mysql packages from
third party breaking install/upgrade of the one provided by Ubuntu. I
dupped it onto bug 1771630 which is our single place to unite all
those.

A recent sssd update (driven by SEG) seems to have regressed users
that now end in a hang.
I've pinged on [1], subscribed Matthew (and our Team) on [2]. I've
marked it regression-update and also pinged Matthew him via Chat.
Furthermore I've set him on CC on this mail.
@Matthew - once you've done your initial assessment would you mind
replying here with the next steps on this case please?
I've marked it prio high, if other triagers see more such reports
please mark it even critical then (in that case it is less likely to
be just one odd special setup)
The release is 21h ago, I'll ping ubuntu-archive (also on CC) if we
should - for now until clarified by Matthew - remove it from
-security.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/1868703/comments/86
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/1906673

--