Bug triage report - Friday 28th of August

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri Aug 28 08:34:48 UTC 2020

I faced 24 bugs to check today

Interestingly this time a lot these bugs were opened by the team to track
different issues we found when working on bugs/merges - glad to see we
don't let these issues get away untracked :-).

The rest was mostly under control or features requests postponed by external
contributors to post 20.10 as they didn't get ready (read = not due to us)

Worth to mention are:

net-snmp
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/net-snmp/+bug/1892980
Paride already mentioned that, after talking about it in yesterdays standup
I think we need to pull in the security team on this one which I've done on
the bug.

certbot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-certbot/+bug/1893274
This is about certbot deprecating ACMEv1. We have done enough SRU update
dances and I think nowadays https://snapcraft.io/certbot is the right solution.
Maybe we have to consider to help with a deb-to-snap transition on this?
I have NOT answered the bug as I want to avoid saying anything misleading
and wanted to ask rbasak (who was more involved in all of this) to do that.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server