golang-goprotobuf in ubuntu

Balint Reczey balint.reczey at canonical.com
Tue Aug 18 20:37:06 UTC 2020

Hi Bryce,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 9:49 PM Bryce Harrington
<bryce at bryceharrington.org> wrote:

> Hi Balint,
>
> I notice that golang-goprotobuf is failing its autopkgtest's in Ubuntu's
> proposed migration, due to a single test case failure:
>
>        panic: mismatching field: got github_com.grpc_ecosystem.grpc_gateway.runtime.errorBody.error, want github_com.grpc_ecosystem.grpc_gateway.runtime.errorBody.message
>
> I see your 1.4.2 merge was released for Ubuntu but not for Debian so was
> curious if you were already aware of this issue, and if so if you have a
> fix in mind for it?

Yes, upgrading golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-grpc-gateway to 1.14.7 and
if that does not help seeing what can be done.
I've committed the changes to Debian's packaging repositories but I
have no capacity to push the transition through in Debian as well.

Cheers,
Balint

--
Balint Reczey