Triage/Migration report of the day
Rafael David Tinoco
rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 30 16:33:47 UTC 2019
Bugs last updated between 2019-09-27 (Friday) and 2019-09-29 (Sunday)
Date range identified as: "Monday triage"
Found 21 bugs
LP: #1781526 - +(Won't Fix) [qemu] - Ubuntu18.04 - qemu patch to align
memory to allow 2MB THP
- Already taken care by Christian (Fix Released and Won't Fix, per IBM
LP: #1840956 - +(Won't Fix) [qemu] - qemu-user-static fails to install
- Disco was verified by Christian (its Fix Committed right now)
- Xenial is reported to be affected by me -> Work to do: subscribed
LP: #1841936 - *+(Fix Committed) [haproxy] - Rebuild haproxy with
openssl 1.1.1 will change features (bionic)
- Christian added security team for advice and review, waiting on them.
LP: #1844834 - *+(Confirmed) [open-vm-tools] - open-vm-tools 11.0.0 released
- This is a new merge to be done in 20.04.
- Subscribed ubuntu-server team, already tagged server-next.
LP: #1845506 - +(Triaged) [libvirt] - Libvirt snapshot doesn't update
- Triaged by Christian, he will work on this.
- Subscribed ubuntu-server
LP: #1845661 - +(Triaged) [mysql-8.0] - mysql-router binary ships
unnecessary shared objects in /usr/lib/mysql-router
- Lacks description but since Lars is assigned and Robie subscribed I
did not change it.
- I believe this is ubuntu-server, but will be done by Lars, subscribed
LP: #1580385 - (In Progress) [nmap] - /usr/bin/nmap:11: hascaptures:…
- Subscribed ubuntu-server.
- vtapia from seg is actively working in this bug. (customer issue perhaps)
LP: #1788098 - *(Invalid) [qemu] - Avoid migration issues with aligned
- Added Disco as Fix Released (based on Frank's last comment)
- Moved on, there is another QEMU related bug Christian already took care.
LP: #1815101 - (Triaged) [heartbeat]- [master] Restarting
systemd-networkd breaks keepalived, heartbeat, corosync, pacemaker
(interface aliases are restarted)
- I'm currently working in this case, so ignored for triage.
LP: #1826158 - (Incomplete) [probert] - Failed to install guestOS
ubuntu-19.04-live-server-amd64.iso(GA) in ESXi with new installer
subiquity 19.04.5 when create VM with NVME disk
- Yuhua from Vmware answered saying that any subiquity bigger than the
one present in ubuntu-19.04-beta-live-server-amd64.iso(beta) is buggy.
- Subscribed ubuntu-server, moved tag to triaged and priority to
medium. I suspect this one should be taken care by the subiquity team,
unsure if something else is needed from myself here.
LP: #1833618 - (New) [sg3-utils] - failing to deploy Ubuntu Disco
- Working on this today, subscribed myself, ubuntu-server.
- Flagged this as high priority for both: sg3-utils and curtin.
- Will start working on this right after Monday triage.
LP: #1836500 - (Expired) [open-vm-tools] - Starting vm hangs after
upgrading open-vm-tools from 2:10.3.5-7~ubuntu0.18.04.1
- Christian, Bryce and Andreas provided feedback about this issue to user.
- VMware also did provide feedback (mentioning their internal ticket,
opened by open-vm-tools maintainer, requested by Christian).
- VMware said this was likely related to:
- I let this case to continue expired, as case is complete about
workaround/mitigation/what to do next/possible root causes.
LP: #1845321 - (New) [qemu] - cinder-daemons autopkgtest must override
driver to use pymysql
- autopkgtest blocking qemu migration (cinder & sqlalchemy vs mysqldb
- Corey has provided a fix on top of the -proposed version
- Christian provided a MYSQL8 ALTER syntax patch to Eoan package.
- Corey has worked in Disco fix as well.
- QEMU added just because of migration blocking.
- Subscribed ubuntu-server, ubuntu-virt, moved on.
LP: #1845337 - (Confirmed) [qemu] - Disco autopkgtest @ armhf fails
root-unittests -> test-execute -> exec-dynamicuser-statedir.service
- Christian masked armhf related test (systemd) due to changes in armhf
lxd environment (allowing nesting). That change made armhf autopkgtest
to start failing.
- His MR needs review and merge (britney/hingts-ubuntu-disco).
- Subscribed ubuntu-server.
LP: #1845562 - (Incomplete) [libvirt] - libvirt error Invalid value
'+cpu' for 'cgroup.subtree_control'
- Asked user about the workaround (removing rtkit) and what were his
use cases for cgroupsv2 + realtime processes.
- Case remained incomplete, subscribed ubuntu-server.
LP: #1845652 - (New) [rsync] - rsync sends everything, not just changes
- Pointed to a stackexchange thread and flagged case as incomplete.
LP: #1845765 - (New) [asterisk] - asterisk-modules package built without
- User states that AMR code was dropped after Xenial.
- Explained that AMR patch was still there and asked for more information.
- Flagged case as incomplete, subscribed ubuntu-server.
-- Server Next:
LP: #1843729 - (Confirmed) [byobu] - byobu ftbfs in eoan
- issue is a FTBFS, cosmos-door provided a merge request asking Dustin
- merge seems alright, subscribed ubuntu-server
- If Dustin doesn't merge anytime soon, this is something we could do
- Robie tagged it server-next after my doubt during daily meeting.
LP: #1845845 - (Fix Committed) [byobu] - follow gnome-terminal libexec
- same merge request as LP: #1843729
- Flagged as server-next (together with LP: #1843729)
- Subscribed ubuntu-server
LP: #1845827 - (New) [qemu] - qemu-ga crashed with SIGABRT in raise()
- qemu guest agent channel initalization race in eoan (crash)
- server-next, ubuntu-server and ubuntu-virt for further work
More information about the ubuntu-server