Triage report for 2019-11-27
bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Wed Nov 27 21:22:28 UTC 2019
## Proposed Migration ##
>From monday's migration work:
- psmisc rebuild successfully resolved its own blockage
- dovecot-antispam nochange rebuild resolved dovecot blockage
- Is moving from python 2.1.0-1 to 3.1.0-1. Presumably this means
it's going through a python2->3 transition?
- python-oauthlib is mentioned on Doko's Python2 removal email
- The transition for this package from 1.7.1-1 to 1.7.1-2 is to "Drop
python2 support". This will result in the removal of python-jwt,
which python-oauthlib has a dependency on.
I've manually triggered a coupled test run specifying both of the new
py3 packages for python-oauthlib and pyjwt against arch's amd64, arm64,
armhf, i386, ppc64el, s390x.
If that doesn't resolve both packages, may need to do coupled test
triggers also with package=pyjwt.
- This is just a no-change rebuild by debian
- subunit is marked stuck due to python-autopilot-trace (ppc64el),
which is provided by autopilot-legacy (I guess?) Other packages
also are blocked on autopilot, but it's last changelog entry was
zesty in 2017.
- autopilot is a GUI test tool for desktop applications. It is listed
on Doko's Python2 removal email:
- However, there is no mention of "*autopilot*" anywhere in subunit's
codebase. So, I'm not sure
- subunit's rdepends shows it's depended on by samba-testsuite,
however samba-testsuite's changelog indicates it was dropped as a
dependency by Debian in 2016. In our package it's listed as a Suggests.
+ Maybe we should just drop the subunit suggest for samba-testsuite?
- is failing autopkgtest, and seems to be hitting some kernel
panics, which I don't know if it's normal or exceptional.
- Someone more knowledgeable about this package's test and their VFS
usage may need to study this one, if it's a legit issue.
- No one appears to have attempted a rebuild on this, so I've done so
for all architectures.
- amd64: ruby-maxitest
- Doesn't appear to be any issues for ruby-maxitest though?
- I can't identify what the fault is for this, not spotting errors or
obvious discrepancies. No clue what is blocking this one.
## Bug Triage ##
Bugs last updated on 2019-11-26 (Tuesday)
Date range identified as: "Wednesday triage"
Found 21 bugs, mostly due to regular packager activities.
Only 3 required triager action:
LP: #1806004 - (New) [keepalived] - Keepalived scripts are not getting executed
* keepalived expects a keepalived_script user/group but none is set up
--> Added sample postinst and postrm scripts to add them, but this
probably needs discussed with Debian first.
LP: #1853967 - (New) [mysql-5.7] - package mysql-server-5.7 (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
--> Local config issue trying to downgrade to mysql-5.7 on 16.04.
LP: #1854023 - (New) [openssh] - package openssh-client 1:7.2p2-4ubuntu2.8 failed to install/upgrade: package openssh-client is already installed and configured
LP: #1854038 - (New) [openssh] - package openssh-sftp-server 1:7.2p2-4ubuntu2.8 failed to install/upgrade: package openssh-sftp-server is already installed and configured
* Both say it failed install because package was already installed(??)
* Not sure there actually is a valid bug here
--> Marked dupes; asked for clarification
More information about the ubuntu-server