Ubuntu Server Guide: call for content and reviews

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Wed Nov 6 01:24:11 UTC 2019

Hi all,

There are still things to work out for this
transition from Docbook to discourse, but I thought it
best to wait until after 19.10 was done.

O.K. so now let's get on with it.

Where will the final compiled HTML document be posted?
And would it make sense to simply have it at the same location
as where the Docbook version would end up? That would be:

https://help.ubuntu.com/20.04/serverguide/index.html

during this preliminary phase, and become

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/index.html

after the release date.

Regardless of being in the old location or some new location,
Can we (meaning one of you) get on with it, such that compile,
formatting and publishing issues can be discovered and fixed now.

For testing purposes, and until the publishing step happens by
itself, how does one compile the discourse source code into what would
be the final html documents?

Can whomever please give me editing rights to the discourse stuff.

The answer to the question: Will a PDF version be available?
Was "I don't know". Can that answer be determined now?

I think I am forgetting some things. Oh well.

... Doug