Proposed Migration - Reference Edition

Lucas Kanashiro lucas.kanashiro at canonical.com
Thu Dec 12 11:52:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:01 AM Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:22 AM Bryce Harrington <
> bryce.harrington at canonical.com> wrote:
>

>> #####################
>> ### pyjwt (Lucas) ###
>> #####################
>>
>>     pyjwt (1.7.1-1 to 1.7.1-2) in proposed for 45 days
>>         candidate
>>
>> * pyjwt is maybe stuck due to python-oauthlib?
>>   - The transition for this package from 1.7.1-1 to 1.7.1-2 is to "Drop
>>     python2 support".  This will result in the removal of python-jwt,
>>     which python-oauthlib has a dependency on.
>>   - I've manually triggered a coupled test run specifying both of the new
>>     py3 packages for python-oauthlib and pyjwt against arch's amd64,
>> arm64,
>>     armhf, i386, ppc64el, s390x.
>>

>> https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/request.cgi?release=focal&arch=${ARCH}&package=python-oauthlib&trigger=python-oauthlib%2F3.1.0-1&trigger=pyjwt%2F1.7.1-2
>> <https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/request.cgi?release=focal&arch=$%7BARCH%7D&package=python-oauthlib&trigger=python-oauthlib%2F3.1.0-1&trigger=pyjwt%2F1.7.1-2>
>>
>>     If that doesn't resolve both packages, may need to do coupled test
>>     triggers also with package=pyjwt.
>>
>> * Christian wrote, "I was working with Lucas on pyjwt. This is listed as
>>   valid candidate in terms of build&autopkgtest for a long time. The
>>   reason it is still blocked is that plenty of Ubuntu-only python
>>   packages depend on its python2 portion. This is detected as making
>>   those uninstallable.  Lucas will look into those dependencies and
>>   identity existing or open new bugs to have all those updated or
>>   removed for 20.04."
>>

> Lucas said he opened bug against the remaining packages that need work.
> Maybe he can share the bug links here.

Of course. Here are the bug reports related to pjwt which are also related
to python-oauthlib as Bryce described (python2 dependency issue):

* *subiquity*:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/subiquity/+bug/1855727
* *ubuntu-kylin-sso-client*:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-kylin-sso-client/+bug/1843839
* *piston-mini-client*:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/piston-mini-client/+bug/1855755

There were other packages but they were already fixed in proposed
(unfortunately I forgot to put their name in my notes).

Cheers!