Proposed Migration Report (Bonus)

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Dec 11 08:09:54 UTC 2019

Hi,
not part of our usual rotating schedule I have looked into GPSD which I'm
interested in.
Turns out this needs some help as well, but wasn't on our radar as all
issues are in secondary packages. So gpsd (which is on us) is held up but
not showing up in the reports.

@Josh - this is part of a not yet resolved but ongoing MIR. Could you
subscribe us to GPSD [5] for now so that we see such things more in advance
already?

GPSD 3.19 has a lib transition of libgps23 -> libgps25
Tests are green for some time now, but it is held back by making other
packages uninstallable in Focal. Checking those in detail reveals some work
that is needed.

Dependencies are mostly ready:

Good but depend on new GPSD:
- direwolf -> 1.5+dfsg-4 in proposed and tests good
- alfred -> 2018.2-1build1 in proposed and tests good
- viking -> 1.7-1build3 in proposed and tests good
- marble -> 4:19.08.3-0ubuntu2 in proposed and tests good

Almost ok:
- collectd - 5.9.2-4ubuntu1 would need a rebuild
  this would build fine, but there also is 5.9.2.g-1.
  Let's consider a merge instead and fall back to a no change rebuild if it
isn't worth [3]

Needs work:
- navit -> 0.5.3+dfsg.1-2build1, still on old libgps32
  There is - 0.5.3+dfsg.1-2build2 [1] but that is an FTFBS that needs to be
resolved [2]
- s3dosm -> 0.2.2-19, hasn't picked up libgps25 yet, just need a no-change
rebuild.
  I tried a no change rebuild and it is an FTBFS atm [4]

I'll start to work on them, let see how hard/easy these will be.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/navit/0.5.3+dfsg.1-2build2
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/navit/+bug/1855993
[3]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/collectd/+bug/1855994
[4]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/s3d/+bug/1855995