Request for package update for Bionic 18.04.1 LTS server

Marc Deslauriers marc.deslauriers at canonical.com
Tue Nov 6 12:21:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 2018-11-05 4:52 p.m., J Doe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this the appropriate list to make a request for an update to a package for Bionic 18.04.1 LTS server ?  The update in question is SpamAssassin 3.4.2 which fixes 4 CVE’s [1] and was released on 2018-09-16.
>
> Thank you,
>
> - J
>
> Links:
>
> [1] https://spamassassin.apache.org/news.html

I have been working on updates to 3.4.2. They will be available in the security
team PPA for testing withing the next hour:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security-proposed/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages

Once they are available, I would appreciate feedback if they worked properly
before I release them as official updates since we are bumping the version to
3.4.2 because of the signatures signing change.

Updates are being tracked in the following bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/spamassassin/+bug/1796863

Thanks,

Marc.