The improved 18.04.1 LTS Server Installer - Call for testing!

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 18 12:52:26 UTC 2018

Download from: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/bionic/daily-live/

With the release of 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver the new server installer
was introduced. At the time, it still lacked certain critical features
which have now been implemented.

For 18.04.1 we are adding support for LVM, RAID, VLAN, Bonds to the
new installer. The functionality and UI are all in place. It has not
yet been refined, thus I expect minor UI changes or improvements to
these features for Cosmic release. Notably, there are many new text
strings added, hence the translation coverage has now regressed.

At this point, we are looking for crash reports and critical bug
reports that might be observed with the updated installer. Please try
to configure LVM/RAID, Vlans, and Bonds, the way you would do it on
your typical server. This is to ensure 18.04.1 point release goes out
with a beautiful and fully functioning and improved server installer.

These and many other improvements are brought to you by Carla Berkers,
Claudio Gomboli, Dimitri John Ledkov, Ɓukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak, Med,
Michael Hudson-Doyle, Nornort, Ryan Harper, Scott Moser, Seth
Fitzsimmons, and many others.

Download from: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/bionic/daily-live/

--
Regards,