Ubuntu Server Development Summary - 26 May 2017

David Britton david.britton at canonical.com
Tue May 30 15:42:18 UTC 2017

Hello Ubuntu Server!

The purpose of this weekly email is to make sure our community can follow
development with toes dipped in before & between jumping headlong into helping
shape Ubuntu Server.

= Ubuntu Server Packages =

- Uploads/Changes:
    - 7 packages uploaded to Artful
    - 20 packages uploaded to Stable Releases
    - Full List, https://paste.ubuntu.com/24669327/
    - Future, https://merges.ubuntu.com/main.html

= Cloud-init/Curtin =

- cloud-init:
    - Uploaded 0.7.9-144-g2825a917-0ubuntu1 to artful. Fixes in this
      release will be a part of the next cloud-init SRU.
    - Updated tox-based style and unit test dependencies
    - Numerous integration test fixes for NTP and snapd test cases
    - Restructure of NTP unit tests to drop mocks
    - CentOS 6 and Python 2.6 unit tests fixed with updated test
      dependencies
    - Fixed LP: #1692087 Cleanup disk_setup for gpt
    - Fixed LP: #1674128 Verify ds-identify works properly on CloudStack
- Curtin:
    - Fixed LP:#1686669 LP:#1680917 UEFI Boot entries reordered for
      booting without MAAS
    - Refactored bcache creation/deletion handling

= git-ubuntu subcommand =

For those unfamiliar with the new Ubuntu git merge workflow in
ubuntu-server packages, the high level process can be seen here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging/GitWorkflow

Install it with:

    sudo snap install --classic git-ubuntu

There are not too many changes to the released git-ubuntu command this
past week, beyond cleanups. We are staging some larger changes for empty
directory support (a git issue generally) and to standardize our
namespaces in the tooling.

= Triage Queue =

- 138 bugs reviewed, 4 accepted, 444 in backlog
- Backlog: https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+subscribedbugs
- Notes on daily bug triage:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#Bug_Triage

= IRC Meeting =

- Log: http://bit.ly/2r4Holz
- Info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting

= Server guide updates =

Fix committed, pending a release/publication by the Documentation team:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1170876
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1239914
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1409392
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1603540
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1689649
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1689809

This one has a merge proposal that needs review:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide/+bug/1579209

--
David Britton <david.britton at canonical.com>