Ubuntu Server Development Summary - 02 Jun 2017

David Britton david.britton at canonical.com
Fri Jun 2 16:47:19 UTC 2017

Hello Ubuntu Server!

The purpose of this weekly email is to make sure our community can
follow development with toes dipped in before & between jumping headlong
into helping shape Ubuntu Server.

= Ubuntu Server Packages =
- Uploads/Changes:
    - 11 packages uploaded to Artful
    - 48 packages uploaded to Stable Releases
    - Full List: http://bit.ly/2rsZJce
    - Future: https://merges.ubuntu.com/main.html

= Cloud-init/Curtin =
- cloud-init:
    - Enabled Aliyun datasource (LP: #1638931).   After SRU, Ubuntu
      images will work on Alibaba Cloud.
    - Accepted merge to add schema definition and validation to NTP
      module
    - Accepted merge to handle multi-line bridge parameters to E/N/I
    - Accepted merge to discontinue writing systemd link files
    - Fixed LP: #1693939 Azure chassis asset tag value
    - Fixed LP: #1692093 to prevent re-executing disk setup on reboot
- curtin:
    - Fixed package build issue after escaping udevadm command
    - All integration VM tests back to green status

= Triage Queue =
- 63 bugs reviewed, 1 accepted, 445 in backlog
- Backlog: https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+subscribedbugs
- Notes on daily bug triage:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#Bug_Triage

= IRC Meeting =
- Log: http://bit.ly/2smBqg0
- Info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting

= Server ISOs =
- Publishing of new daily Artful server ISOs is currently blocked by LP:
  #1694531

--
David Britton <david.britton at canonical.com>