Feedback request | Documentation site reorg, switch to Markdown

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Thu Feb 23 01:26:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:46 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:

Hi Jeremy. It's good to hear from you.

I'm guessing that the new format will work fine for the Server Guide.

This means a lot coming from someone who did a lot of work maintaining the
Server Guide in the past.

> But I'm not sure that it will work as well for the Desktop help which
> is a lot more visual and has pictures. For instance, this page:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/unity-introduction.html
> https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/shell-introduction.html
>
> How does your proposal handle that Ubuntu (Unity) currently ships the
> Desktop help in the yelp Help viewer which is also used by other GNOME
> apps?
>
> I suggest that someone let the GNOME docs team know about this proposal.

These are good points that were addressed in another post. I concede that
the Desktop is not a good fit for a change of format.

Peter