Feedback request | Documentation site reorg, switch to Markdown

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at
Mon Feb 20 15:02:37 UTC 2017

Le 20/02/2017 à 12:29, Chris Perry a écrit :
> Hi Peter
> It sounds as if you and Doug agree that the main problem here - by far
> the most important problem? - (as regards the server guide) is that
> "the Serverguide is in desperate need of subject matter expert help".
> Your proposal does nothing directly to address this problem. I don't
> understand this. If we get the technical reviews then if necessary I
> can help Doug do the updates to the server guide, Can't Canonical
> provide the technical reviewers? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding
> something crucial?
> Regards,
> Chris.

I have contributed to a few sections of the Server guide and would be happy to
continue. But since this is not my dayjob, having to re-ramp up the XML editing
knowledge,find some "workable" XML editor, remember the intricacies of the
edition process simply often too time consuming to participate.

I don't have any favorite and I don't think that writing things that will later
be handled by tech writers either. But it ought to be simpler to create
documents than fighting with XML.

Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.
Canonical Ltd
Ubuntu developer                       Debian Maintainer
GPG : 429D 7A3B DD05 B6F8 AF63  B9C4 8B3D 867C 823E 7A61