Is there a way to stop snapd from "calling home"?

David Britton david.britton at canonical.com
Thu Aug 31 14:14:08 UTC 2017

Hi Leroy --

The design of snappy is for your software installed via "snaps" to
always be updated without you as a user having to do anything, thus the
periodic call homes.  There are more enterprise level controls on the
roadmap for snapd, but your question is a bit different.

I don't mean to give a non-answer here, but you will likely get better
engagment on the technical reasons behind these product questions on the
snappy forum:

  https://forum.snapcraft.io

I think you bring up an interesting corner case they would like to
discuss.  ("I don't have any snaps installed on ubuntu classic, how can
I make snapd idle without calling home").

There is a rather long thread in this question domain already:

  https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/707

You might want to give it a read in advance.

--
David Britton <david.britton at canonical.com>