hpacucli gives 'Max array count reach' with HP Smart Array P420i raid controller on DL360p Gen8

Decstasy dj at decstasy.de
Mon May 9 19:26:09 UTC 2016

> Personally, I'm a little more concerned that he's running software
> RAID 1 on top of a physical RAID 0

I totally agree with this...

> If one of the physical disks fails, he loses everything.  There is no
> protection at all from failure the way he has it set up...

As I understood he has:
+--------+--------+--------+--------+
| Disk 1 | Disk 2 | Disk 3 | Disk 4 |
+--------+--------+--------+--------+
+-----------------+-----------------+
|               RAID 1              | <- Via MD RAID
+-----------------------------------+
| Whatever Partition, LVM, FS etc.  |

Is this correct Asif?

If it's correct, one (or two - it depends) disk can fail without a data
loss.

> "It has two disks configured as single disk lun (raid 0) and
> provisioned to the OS and built two linux software raid1"

Just buy more cache and build it from scratch.

Best regards,
Dennis